Valentine's Day DIY: Kate Spade Inspired Purse

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Today's post is a DIY inspired by the love birds wink clutch from Kate Spade. I think it's perfect for Valentine's Day and super easy to make. With all my trial and error, it took me about an hour, so it would probably go even faster for you! If you want to make one, keep reading for the tutorial!

You need:



How to:
1. Open the bag and lay on the backside of the fabric. Trace the shape of the bag until where you want the tan fabric to end. I only covered the top flap.
2. Add 1.5 inches to each side ( I added only 1 to the top edge so it wasn't so bulky) and then cut the fabric.
3. Fold edges over at .75 inches and iron. Fold again another .75 inches for a nice clean edge and iron down. Then fold and iron the top over .5 inches and then .5 inches.
4. Sew down the long ends and the first crease on the short sides. 
5. Because the fabric of the purse was  too thick I used  spray adhesive to stick the fabric to the front and then folded the edges over and glued those down as well. 
6. Cut out eyes and lips and trace onto fabric (I enlarged this photo and adjusted it to the size I needed for my bag). I then filled it in with black fabric paint for the eyes and pink for the lips.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!