Playing with Plaid: A Plaid Blazer Outfit

Thursday, February 5, 2015



For my first outfit, I wanted a more preppy take on plaid. I looked to Alexa Chung for inspiration specifically on the styling and I really like how it turned out. This plaid blazer was $1 at a local thrift store, and my shirt was thrifted from Goodwill. My shorts and tights are from Old Navy, my shoes are from Payless, and my bag is from Ross.



For this second outfit, I like to think I'm channeling Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit, but it's probably just the hat (which I borrowed from my friend and lovely photographer Nicole Sutton). This is definitely one of my favorite scarves for winter because it is very wide so it covers nearly all of my neck from the wind.   The scarf was on sale from Charming Charlie. The jacket I bought during an end of season sale at JC Penney. The dress and tights are both Old Navy, and the dress I bought on sale. Lastly, the boots are from Payless.

 All photos taken by Nicole Sutton

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!