Blazing Florals: A Paade Mode Inspired Outfit

Thursday, March 5, 2015




One thing that I always see at thrift stores is blazers. Goodwill has a whole section of them. While some would probably make a good pillow with the amount of shoulder padding they have, others are actually quite nice and would make a great addition to anyone's wardrobe.


My love of blazers is relatively recent, cropping up within the last year or so, and I was primarily influenced by one of my all-time favorite Instagramers, Karla Reed. She styles not only blazers (1//2//3)  but also amazing thrift store finds in a sophisticated and fun way. Aspiring to create similar looks I constantly sift through the blazers at thrift stores hoping to strike gold and strike gold I did. This blazer was $3 at my local thrift store. Even at Goodwill I think it would have been maybe five or six dollars but still far less than anything from a regular store.

Therefore after my post on Monday, I knew I wanted to use this blazer. So for this look I paired it with my Old Navy Pixie Pants which I bought for half off on Black Friday ($17.50). My tennis shoes are from Target ($17) and my shirt was thrifted from Goodwill ( about $4). So that means the total price of this outfit was about $41.50 Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

I really think a good blazer is a very versatile piece in anyone's closet and not having to spend too much money on it always sweetens the deal! If you're having a hard time finding one just keep looking. The beauty of thrift stores is that their merchandise always changes so your bound to find one eventually. I wish you all the best of luck in your thrifting adventures and a happy weekend too! Talk to you next week!

All photos taken by Nicole Sutton

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!