Pleats Please: A Pleated Midi Skirt Outfit

Thursday, February 26, 2015





I'll be honest. It took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to wear this skirt. I felt like it was one of those items that, unless I styled it well, would not surprise people when I told them it was thrifted. Therefore, I was especially conscious of the items I was pairing with it. I started with this black short sleeve top, which was also thrifted. I thought it would serve as a nice base for the outfit. I then paired it with my open toed Nine West heels from Ross to add a more feminine and modern flair. Also to make the outfit more modern I put on a statement necklace, which was a gift from a friend.

To top it off, I grabbed my HOBO clutch from TJ Maxx. This clutch was on the pricey side, at least for a clutch, at around $40 on clearance, but it was an item I knew I would get plenty of use out of. I would find that if I went shopping after school, not an unusual activity for me, I would carry my wallet, keys, and phone all in a stack to walk around the store with. Not practical. So when I saw this clutch in TJ Maxx, and after seeing it on Karla Reed's Instagram, I splurged. It was definitely worth the splurge. I love using it because it holds all I need it to and it goes with everything since it's black.

So that wraps up another outfit post. Slowly but surely the blog is coming along. I hope everyone is having a great week and I'll talk to ya'll on Monday!

All of these photos were taken by my lovely friend Nicole Sutton.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!