Casual and Collected: An Emma Stone Inspired Outfit

Thursday, January 29, 2015



Emma Stone certainly is a master of layering, so when I went to put together an outfit inspired by her, I knew I wanted to include layers. I started with a flannel shirt I got at Goodwill, and then layered a sweater from New York & Company that I had purchased for 50% off. On top of that I wore a jacket I bought during an end of season sale a couple years back at JCPenney and my jeans were a recent sale purchase from JCPenney. The booties were a Black Friday buy at Old Navy this past year so they were also 50% off.

The nice thing about this outfit is that if you know you are going to be hot indoors then you can wear a sleeveless collared shirt as your bottom layer, or wear a thinner sweater. I find that layers definitely make it easier to deal with Florida's bipolar weather. With an outdoor school, I'm going from an overly warm classroom to chilly outdoor weather, and layers like Emma Stone's certainly make these temperature fluctuations less difficult.

Photo by Nicole Sutton

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!